Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
say there was 3 or 4 basic chemicals/additives that the average reefer might use for his aquarium. what might these be. im going to head to stingray today to buy a new test kit, and some chemicals, i need some recomendations on what you guys might call the essentials. was looking at the seachem reefpack, or kent reefpack. have a small mixed reef also.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
i agree w/ the above, water changes replenish most everything. the only one i would consider is calcium. the reason for this is, most saltwater mixes are low in calcium.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is identical to this one, wasnt the one i wanted to build, but until i build my fuge and skimmer set-up, i dont know where or how much room i will need for the 2 gallon kalk drip. also, the 2 gallon one will just be a valve at the bottom, so it wont have the syphon effect like this one.

here is the one i built (not this one, but i did use the same bottle.

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-06/nftt/index.php

I have mine dripping about once every 5 seconds as apposed to every 1 second like they say in the article, and i am going through a 20oz. bottle a day. my buddy built one off of the same design, but he used a gallon jug, his is dripping roughly every 4 seconds, and he goes through a gallon jug every 4 days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts