Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: :mad:

so today i was watching my tank like everyday....and noticed somthing strange with my goby. i wish the camera had batteries or i'd get a picture....

but the thing is on his bottom fin, and is kind of oblong in shape, has two black eyes, and is clear.....kinda looks like some kind of rolypoly if that helps...

what is this thing on him? is it safe? or? has anyone ever heard of this?

it wasnt on him when we got him from trop, i just noticed it today. any ideas what this could be? it doesnt seem to be hurting him?

also note its like an inch long.

·
Registered
15,111 Posts
Any parasite that attaches to a fish is usually going to harm them. Can you get a pic, or catch the fish and remove it (keep it for ID)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont know what happened to the thing? i jsut got in from school, and looked at the goby [was going to by fishtrap to get him, and the damsels out(damsels for other reasons)], however, when examining the goby, the thingy is missing, and yea it looked like a copepod, however, i didnt name it as such because all the copes i've heard of were small and food for ex. corals and mandarins......

i also noticed somthing looking simlair to the cope, but it was some new snail i found, which is clear on the side viewing on the tank, however, its shell wasnt clear so it wasnt the goby hitchhiker.

i dont know where this thing went but if i see it on any of my other fish, that fish is coming out.

possibly somthing ate it?

i have like 8 peppermints,
8 emeralds,
about 20 blue legs,
and one cleaner

for other fish i have

the domino and a yellow tail damsel (coming out when i get this trap and wouldnt eat a cope?)
a hawk (could have ate it?)
two banngai cardinals (wouldnt eat)
and a fairy wrasse (possibly eat the thing?)

i'm going to be watching the tank a little more closely these next few days as i am doing a water change tomorrow after school on schedule, and i always keep a closer watch on the tank on those days as i test the params for two days in a row twice a day on those days to monitor the balance of everything.

maybe the cleaner ate it or it moved somewhere else?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts