Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a Spectrapure LCC-M multiple liquid level controller.

Hooked everything up last night and now i need a pump that takes a 24v AC clip style plug to power it. I thought it would have a normal style plug, to run a pump off of, but it doesnt.

Anyone know where i can find a small pump to put in my resivior to pump my top off water? Preferably not the one from spectrapure that is $300 bucks. It must have a 24v AC clip style plug for the spectrapure unit to power it.

Or am i just going to have to re-wire something?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump......

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
You would need a pump that runs on direct current or you can get a power inverter and that will power most mainstream pumps....

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
It says its AC switched though... here is a pic

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have this same set-up. what do you need the pump for? i have mine hooked directly into my RO unit in the basement. the pressure in the system pumps the water upstairs into my sump. no pump needed. This is an awesome top-off and keeps my sump topped off as well as two reserve tanks for water changes and i don't have any pumps on it anywhere.

Mabye a picture of what you are looking to do?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lanesreef thanks for the info. That is how i have it hooked up now, although its going through a kalk reactor now. I was confused at first thinking i wanted to pump from the RO storage bin into the sump to let the membrane creep dilute in a full 30gal of storage water. But i guess since it runs at least twice a day that there is no creep(my understanding.)

Another question though...after the water stops filling the sump, my waste water line continues to drain for a couple min. Is this just the Bladder filling up with water to create the back pressure to stop the water flow?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I think my system evaporates about 3 gallons a day (80 gallon tank with no tops and t-5/MH lighting) and the switch fills the sump usually 2 times a day. i don't think there is any creep since it is running a couple times a day and since it shuts the flow off to the membrane.

as for the waste line i don't know if mine drains or not. do you have the bladder in-line with the system or in-line with the spare reservoir? i have mine set-up almost exactly as the instruction diagram. i think the back pressure from the solenoid closing creates enough pressure to shut off the system. the bladder tank is for the spare reservoirs using the floats...they can't hold the pressure and the bladder tank takes care of that.

i can check the drain line tomorrow and let you know if it does like yours.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
120gal with open top and t-5/MH combo lighting suspended from ceiling. about 3 to 4 gallons of evap a day.

I also have it set-up exactly like the diagram. I'm pretty sure that the bladder is used, and still needed even though its after the T that runs to your storage tank, thats how mine is setup. Its not directly in-line with the sump line but the 4lb check valve comes after the bladder, so it is used for sure. Thats why when it kicks on to fill the sump, it comes out like all hell with a high amount of pressure for about 10 sec then it calms down.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Vivaborg said:
Another question though...after the water stops filling the sump, my waste water line continues to drain for a couple min. Is this just the Bladder filling up with water to create the back pressure to stop the water flow?
I would guess it would be building pressure to activate the auto shut off valve that is causing it to run.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Why do you guys think that TDS creep isnt a issue since your systems turn on a couple times a day?

I also run a LLC that feeds off my RODI via a booster pump. I evaporate about 3 gallons a day so the system runs off and on to topoff via a Tunze Osmolater. So it kicks on every few hours. When I check my TDS meter its always higher from the start than after it gets running for a couple min's. It ranges but it will start in the high 50's and after a min or so its down to 007.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i have checked mine and its only about 004 when it kicks on and starts. i can deal with that.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ive never seen mine run anything higher than 000 since its purchase about 5 months ago. except for that intial start up of 005 to 004 for about 20 sec.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Vivaborg said:
ive never seen mine run anything higher than 000 since its purchase about 5 months ago. except for that intial start up of 005 to 004 for about 20 sec.
Are you talking about after the membrane or after the DI? Out of the DI I run 000 but the initial shot out of the membrane after a hour or so is always starts atleast in the 50-60+ range, somtimes much higher.
(this is a brand new Spectrapure MaxCap w/pump.)

The reason I asked about why others thought there was no TDS creep is becuase I consistantly see much higher scores after the membrane (before the DI) when the system has been off for more than a hour or so.

Although in the past I have always ran the RO right to the top off, Im am currently looking at upgrading to a
reservoir just for top offs.. for this reason and others. By using the RO to do the top offs the membrane is consistantly putting higher TDS scores into the DI..thus costing more money to keep the DI at perfoming levels. If the system was flushed and then used to fill a top off reservoir this wouldnt be a issue.
Also by running a reservoir for top offs, a limited amount of water could ever be pumped into the tank if a problem should occur. There would be nothing stopping a direct RO feed from flooding the tank.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hmmm i never paid much attention to that TDS meter. I always just check the final output on the DI. Maybe i should pay attention to that one too...I also have the MaxCap 90gpd but without the booster pump because Canton has great water pressure. I run right around 65 - 70psi without a booster.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Vivaborg said:
same here. i only see the spike when it first starts up. it will sometimes go as high as 75 but then falls quickly. i also run mine into a water dispenser in my kitchen so it is running frequently.

i also noticed the same 'squirting' sound when the solenoid clicks for about 10 seconds when the pressure releases.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Maybe they should come out with an Auto-flush kit! That would be nice eh?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts