Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my starry blenny turns white some times when the lights come back on. I had another one that never did this so it is strange to me. I did a google search and found other people that had the same thing happen. The thing is no one had a real reason why this happens. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
So my starry blenny turns white some times when the lights come back on. I had another one that never did this so it is strange to me. I did a google search and found other people that had the same thing happen. The thing is no one had a real reason why this happens. Any ideas?
lol, mine does the same thing. No big deal, lots of fish turn crazy colors at night. when i bought him and brought him home, I had him in the dark on the way home because he was in a paper bag, and when i took him out he was bleach white lol, pretty crazy.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
many fish "bleach" when the lights go out or they are stressed. If he is only doing it at night then darkens to his normal color in a few minutes I wouldn't worry. I've noticed that the starry blennies are very prone to color changes. Its almost like I can tell my blenny's mood depending on his color pattern. If he is angry at something he gets real dark or if he is scared he will get these lighter patches on him. I am only concerned if they stay pale for a while.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts