Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there not touching yet but I have a waving hand Xenia and a orange bam bam about a inch and. Half from eachother should I be worried about them touching and stinging each other? Do leathers even sting lol I don't know thank for the help

·
Administrator
2,496 Posts

Is it xenia or anthelia? If its xenia on a stalk you should be ok. just peal the stalk off and move it . if it is anthela it will take over your bam bams and choak them from the light. id wirebrush the anthelia off before it reaches the bam bams.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Is it xenia or anthelia? If its xenia on a stalk you should be ok. just peal the stalk off and move it . if it is anthela it will take over your bam bams and choak them from the light. id wirebrush the anthelia off before it reaches the bam bams.
I have some anthelia in my tank that started as just one stalk and is now like 50 in a couple months. I am now considering pulling it all off the rock due to it is one of my nice base rocks that has other exceptional pieces sitting on it. I did not think it would grow that fast. I like the way it moves in the current but, ****...

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Soft corals dont sting, usually. The ones you are talking about dont anyway. They typically use chemical warfare. But in all reallity you should be fine they will both try to out grow the other the xenia will eventually win the grow battle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts