Michigan Reefers banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thankfully my 60 cube (24x24x24) finally has a bit of life in it again after sitting completely empty minus a couple small LPS and a few crabs for almost 9 months. I currently have 2 osc. clows and 1 watchman goby and have been looking for ideas on future fish additions as well as what the "limit" of a cube is as it doesn't seem to be a very popular tank style. The rockwork is currently three "pillars" so there's about as much swimming room as you're gonna get in a cube as well as plenty of hidey holes.

I'm sure most tangs are out of the question but I've read some suggestions of a tomini or kole tang being small enough into maturity for a tank this size. I'm thinking more gobies and/or blennies would be appropriate but I don't know much about blennies outside of scooter/lawnmower blennies. I'm also pretty unfamiliar with wrasses.

Ideas?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I likely wouldn't put a tang in there. there are so many small community fish available it's hard to make suggestions. I'm fond of the chalk bass, firefish are nice, and there are many cardinals beyond pajama that add a lot of interest. there are a few hogfish that are quite fun. Might even look at some damsels. not multiple damsels, but one of the many available.

HTH

1 - 3 of 3 Posts