Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,
I just posted this in the other thread, but I'll do it here also in hopes that everyone will see it.

Unfortunately we are going to have to postpone the tour of the new store. We agonized over this after meeting with one of our contractors this afternoon, and we're afraid we have no option. I hate to do this on such short notice as many have set time aside to come, and we are very proud of what we have accomplished and would love to show it off.
We can certainly offer up our current facility similar to the first couple meetings for this Sunday's meeting. We can gather near the display tanks in the front - the used equipment is being relocated right now anyway. We can hear Kirby and Chris talk, and I thought that I could pass out the floorplan for the new store and give a pre-tour on the plan. I'll see if I can have Kirby whip up a slideshow with some pics of the shop that have been taken over the last two months since our last update.
I wish we could continue with the tour on Sunday, but I propose that we delay it by one to three weeks. My apologies again for the delay, I'm sure people have set time aside from this and we have no liking in any negative experience associated with the store. On a positive note, the store will be more complete, and we will be able to see many more of the areas at a later date.

Below I'll detail the nightmare that was the last two weeks for those that are interested.

It started with the epoxy floor. We were sent two shades of epoxy all labeled as one. We then got the manufacturer to rush out enough of only one color. Then we laid the clear coat - which was a bad batch. We were advised by the manufacturer for a solution which didn't fix the problem. So even though we've exhausted two weeks of labor, the floor needs to be done again. A representative from the manufacturer and our salesperson for the epoxy have graciously given their labor in applying the epoxy with our team of contractors, we've just been cursed it seems! So this weekend, the construction crew will be working Saturday and Sunday applying completely new batches of epoxy to fix the problem. We will essentially be doing the floor over completely. There are no fumes from this, but we would not be able to walk on it during to tour, or get into the back room of the store - where we will be doing the quarantine, breeding etc. Meanwhile, the crew occupied with the epoxy mess has been pulled away from grouting the tile, so the tile in the front of the store is ungrouted. Once the epoxy is done and satisfactory, I can make a post. Maybe we can vote for a tour time that would be the best for everyone to attend. I apologize again for having to cancel the tour. My hair will certainly fall out or turn grey by the time we open.

Steve

·
Registered
917 Posts
Oh no,

I was getting really excited and now.... oh well....

... I know how delays like this are a big pain in the .... so it is perfectly understandable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts