Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-party ok i wlii start at the begining

during christmas my sister bought her fiance a tank upgrage form a 55 to a 200. so of course i was put incharge. i went got the new tank (detriot) and set it up in ohio. that was after taking it to saginaw for the big day:rolleyes: and as you all know a 200 gallon glass tank is not very light. after it was all set up i was still feeding his old tank and noticed a small chain link eel had gone missing and figued he got to close to his puffer during feeding. i fogot about the twenty dollar fish and continued my job untill hes tank settled (a amonia spike never happened do to the cured lr that we got at a Lfs) and we added his puffer and clown trigger to the 200 on friday. now the crazy part. i was cleaning the old canister filter that i was putting off and when i opened it a live chain like eel squgled out thats right live after what i think is two weeks in a fillter runnig and then not runnig so i did the ovious and stole him and put him in my 90 gallon. i did this like twenty min ago and figue it needed to be posted.

-party
did you ever imagine
this-sport

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Yes i believe it. Back in 1990 i had a snowflake that did the same thing except the most it was in the magnum filter was 3 days tops so that long is crazy. you've got one hardy eel and possible one guilty conscience to come except it sounds like you earned it..

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i guess i dont under stand there was no way i was supposed to know that he was in there so im glad he is alive and he will be very happy in my reef and he is small enough that he wont eat anything

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I know you didn't know but you do now and it was his. I would call and say i found it and keeping it for the hard work I did. You don't want it coming back to bite you later ofcourse you could say you went and bought one. I would tell him and if he is appreciative of all you did he'd want you to have it.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no you misunder stand the only tank in the house still running is my 90 and once in he isnt comming out he and i have an agreement i would never steal for him lol:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I think I would have stopped my heart, and screamed in terror-speechles

when I opened the canister, and an EEL came out at me!

!!!! YIKES!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts