Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently heard the Sure flow was coming out with a more powerful mod kit, so I decided to check out their website for more info. Thats when I came across this info that offers a free upgrade to current mod kit owners, see the attached link for details. This upgrade will only work on the MJ1200 model and will boost it from 1600gph to 2100gph. I'm sending for mine tomorrow.

http://www.algaefree.com/sureflowfaq.html

·
Registered
856 Posts
I got mine yesterday from premium aquatics with the upgrade kit, and it is ridiculous. I saw one at the WMMAC swap without the upgrade kit and was amazed. I am so impressed with the mod, no problems at all with noise or anything.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ddcotter said:
I got mine yesterday from premium aquatics with the upgrade kit, and it is ridiculous. I saw one at the WMMAC swap without the upgrade kit and was amazed. I am so impressed with the mod, no problems at all with noise or anything.
Thats great to hear I am definately looking forward to an extra 500gph of water movement at no charge as well

G

·
Actually it would be a free 2100 gph....All you would need is another MJ 1200...You get to keep your 1600 GPH kit...Even a better deal

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jim197722 said:
Actually it would be a free 2100 gph....All you would need is another MJ 1200...You get to keep your 1600 GPH kit...Even a better deal
I don't not think you will get all the items to set up a 2nd pump the external shroud does not come with the impeller upgrade

·
Registered
768 Posts
Awesome

I love these mods and they work great! Tropical buff, thank you for posting this because if you hadn't i'm sure that I would have never found out about it! I can't wait to upgrade my mod and it's nice that it also comes with the new mounting braket! Thanks!:)

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
My mounting bracket broke and Marine Depot replaced it... but I contacted AF any way and they're sending me a new one:) Great customer service!

G

·
Tropical Buff said:
I don't not think you will get all the items to set up a 2nd pump the external shroud does not come with the impeller upgrade
Yeah, I just reread it, I was looking at a 2100 kit...Not the upgrade...Oh well I'll still be happy with 500 gallons free.. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts