Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what bulbs are you using on your T-5 only tanks growing sps? I have a 18x48x26 100 gal tank with 6 t-5 and Ice cap ballast. 2 ATI aqua blue 2 ATI blue plus and I just added 1UVL aqua sun and 1 UVL superactinic. I was getting color loss with just the 4 ATI so I'm hopeing that adding the other 2 will help. just want to know what everyone else is using?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
youngtimothy said:
what bulbs are you using on your T-5 only tanks growing sps? I have a 18x48x26 100 gal tank with 6 t-5 and Ice cap ballast. 2 ATI aqua blue 2 ATI blue plus and I just added 1UVL aqua sun and 1 UVL superactinic. I was getting color loss with just the 4 ATI so I'm hopeing that adding the other 2 will help. just want to know what everyone else is using?
From WHat I've read, you will loose some color if the coral came from Halide lighting but it will eventually come back once it adjust to your t-5s
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,568 Posts
Ok I need to Vent

Europe has been doing T5's for years over a decade many of the most respected reefers in Europe and many of which have been featured on RC are under T5's but people keep acting like it's new and even worse unproven. :rolleyes: the t5's to use depends on allot the best place to go imo is asking The Grim Reefer on RC he is a t5 guru. at this link The T5 Q&a Thread I like ATI and UVL bulbs here is my bulb configuration
like the coral pro allot gives a red spectrum. one of the best things about t5's in the combinations you can have btw a good fixture is more important then good bulbs oh yeah one other thing never has sps loose color coming from mh in fact I have had several get more color or better color problem is people just lump all t5 to getter and make them sound equal. oh it came from t5's must be those darn tr's heard they stink no mention what fixture or what bulbs just those evil t5's there are good ways and bad ways to do t5's just like mh.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to RC and am using the grim reefers suggestions, I just wanted to know what everyone else was using. I know alot of people on here use them with great results. oh yea I dont have a fixture I have retros with individual reflectors in a canopy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,048 Posts
I have all Geismann bulbs, 5 total.

1 True Actinic, on a Workhorse 5

1 11K Geismann
1 Actinic Plus
1 6.5K GE
1 True Actinic

All on an IceCap 660.... Oh, I guess I have 1 GE bulb...

Here is a somewhat recent image:


I did lose color when I switched, but it is all back now, maybe even better then it was before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,568 Posts
what am I using

youngtimothy said:
I went to RC and am using the grim reefers suggestions, I just wanted to know what everyone else was using. I know alot of people on here use them with great results. oh yea I dont have a fixture I have retros with individual reflectors in a canopy
I have almost 4,500 post listing them :eek: spend way to much time here. :p right on my signature. and was what grim reefer recommended to me. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
labman said:
I have almost 4,500 post listing them :eek: spend way to much time here. :p right on my signature. and was what grim reefer recommended to me. :D
sorry had signatures turned off.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top