Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put a lavender tang in my 90G tank and have just noticed he has a few white spots. He is very active and eating well. I do not have a QT tank and will not be able to catch him without removing all the live rock. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
377 Posts
ich

there are several different things you can try..if youre at 77 or 78 degree tep, try raising the temp to 79 or 80 degrees.

theyre are several different products on the market at your lfs that will treat ich effectively.

good luck

ems

·
Registered
217 Posts
If you have ich you'll need to catch and remove him anyway if you want to rid the system of the parasite. I think you'll find that most recommend leaving the system fallow...no fish at all... for about 6 weeks to interupt the lifecycle of the offending parasite. There are a number of treatment products and I recommend quinine base medications. Many medications are harmful to other living organisms in your tank (copper beingt he most obvious one) so treating in the DT is not a good idea. Beyond that, just from a practical standpoint, it will take way more medication to treat the DT and if the medication regimenn requires frequent water changes, again, bigger tank, bigger water changes. EVen if you were using temp and hyposalinity as a treatment, you'f not want to do that in the DT.

Hospital tank is pretty cheap to put together. Just need any type of tub or container, heater, and circulation pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts