Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, I have a sailfin (red sea) and when I put my hands in the tank he acts like I am another fish. He changes color and aproaches tail first all big and stuff,lol
the question is could a tang's tang cut you? I dont ask this because I think that I may get cut by a 2" fish. His behavior just made me think about large tangs and I was wondering about the possibility.

·
Registered
115 Posts
A Tangs tang will not appear untill the fish is sexually mature so a juvinal poses no risk but a adult could hurt pretty bad.-devil 2

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
my yellow tang did the same thing but he let me scratch him i think he wants to be cleaned because they do they same thing with my cleaner shrimp give him a scratch and see if it swims away

·
Registered
324 Posts
Ummm....thats not accurate about tangs not getting their scapels until they are sexually mature. I have kept very little (few months out of the plankton small) tangs that all had their scalpels already. They do get larger and more developed when tangs mature but sheesh, hope a bunch of folks dont go out and get themselves cut by their little tangs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts