Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 120 SPS tank (all frags at moment) and have two pumps for circulation, one is a Tunze at 1700 gph and the second is a Korilia mag 6 at 2200 gph, I am thinking of moving them from the left/right sides and putting them on back glass.

Looking at buying either a set of 2 the Korilia 8 at 2700 or the 9 at 3250 gph and putting them on left/right sides with a wave maker and the other two pumps on back glass.

Wil this be enough flow or what do you guys think will work great. let me know, the sale on Korilia ends Monday and cannot buy Tunze or Vortech budget wise.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Mr. Green Jeans has a pair of 6201's for sale cheap. Sell your two pumps to offset the purchase, and you are rocking that 120. proverbially speaking of course.

·
Administrator
2,496 Posts

right now I have 4 mp 40's in my 90 gallon frag which will be moved to my 320 when it is dlivered.

My SPS all look like chewbacca with polyp extension out all of the time. Id recommend at least 2 mp40's or a mp60. Yes they are expensive but look at it like this you can find them for 400 use them for a couple years or more and sell them for 300. If you add it up with the resale it makes financial sense to go with them. Your sps will love it. I have the WXM module on 4 and have a different program every hour.

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Speaking as someone who started with SPS frags and now is maturing colonies, take what you think you need and double if not triple it. I have 4 Korallia 8 magnums and 1 mp40W ES on my 6ft 220 and I have dead spots. I would do at least 2 mp40s. Im going to sell my mp40 and get 2 mp60s in conjunction with 2 magnums to get enough flow. Its just crazy the flow they need.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Demonclownfish, got your recommendation for two MP60's for my 120 tank, can you please lend me $1500 for two of them, I promise to repay someday!!! Hey, also some extra money for the battery backup would be nice. While I am asking, can I come by and raid your tank for some corals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts