Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get home tonight after being gone for the weekend and what do I find, a half empty 180 gallon tank. Lucky I had "some" water made up. Fish are all tripped out and the temp is down to 70 degrees. Oh joy.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Check on the Emergency contact list for people in the lansing area to hold your fish and/or corals for you. I'm sure one of them is willing to help.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe I have found where the water is coming from. A bulkhead on the back wall of the tank. I just hope that's where it is coming from and not something worse. Just weird that after a year + it would just start leaking like that. I tried to tighten it up but its already tight enough, so I put a bunch of silicone on it untill I can get a new one. I just hope my fish survive.:(

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Silicone can/will good, but if that fails try AquaMend, you can buy it at Home Depot. It has fixed many a leak on my system and also it works good to mount corals. Sorry for you issues, I live near Brighton and I will be home tomorrow around 3:00 PM, I have a frag tank and you are welcome to put your corals in it, if you need for that to happen. These are stressful times and anything I can do to help, let me know.

Dan

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the offers of support everyone. Its nice to know that people will step up and help at a moments notice. I currently have to rodi unit cranking and will hopefully soon have the tank filled back up. The fish and corals seem to be doing ok today. The fish ate, which I was kinda suprised. I did spend all night cleaning up the mess so my productivity level at work was at a minimal pace.:D

·
Registered
316 Posts
Mission Man said:
I did spend all night cleaning up the mess so my productivity level at work was at a minimal pace.:D
Did anyone notice.....LOL
Just kidding, sometimes you gotta laugh, even if it is at yourself -devil

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its kinda sad that I did not notice a very small leak at the bulkhead I was talking about. It was not untill 3 am the other night that I noticed that my closed loop pump was the culprit. Should of checked that first I guess, but after a weekend of partying, stuff slips by. Yea my closed loop pump failed me and pumped 90ish gallons of water on my floor. I guess I can laugh about it now,All the stuff in my tank seems to be ok now.

G

·
thats great that your tank is recovering and you didn't realy loose anything I guess this will be a learning lesson to check all that stuff next time

1 - 14 of 14 Posts