Michigan Reefers banner
241 - 260 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
both were likely from me. I want one because they sound creepy and cool. I am willing to pay well for this creature, so if you know anyone or have any leads, please tell me more

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Why does anyone actually want to buy these things? I have seen two requests of these?
Maybe because they are a highly unique and interesting animal that few have ever seen let alone in a display? Why would anyone want to keep any of the things we do?

I would like to find one as well and I would have one already if I had known there was one in my macro algae tank before I drained it. Only found it when it was too late.

I remember the one at choice. It was super interesting before going into the formaldehyde.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I'm not sure I could ever sleep at night for fear it would get out of the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure this is why my gf doesn't want me to acquire one. I just can't believe I was putting my hands all over my tank with that thing living in there. I mean it's one thing to know it's in there and be prepared but not knowing it was there was a bit creepy.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
Now boys, mine was very friendly in the end. He was responding to hand feeding and all. How many creatures can eat sps like an ear of corn? They are remarkable, but I hope I never see one again! Speaking of keeping them you do know why they are named "Bobbit Worms" don't you? Nope don't want anything like that in my house!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Now boys, mine was very friendly in the end. He was responding to hand feeding and all. How many creatures can eat sps like an ear of corn? They are remarkable, but I hope I never see one again! Speaking of keeping them you do know why they are named "Bobbit Worms" don't you? Nope don't want anything like that in my house!!!

so where exactly did get the thing from anyways?

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
They are actually a very common hitch hiker in LR. They are in many more tanks then most people realize.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They are actually a very common hitch hiker in LR. They are in many more tanks then most people realize.

Thats what i hear. do you have any details as you where you got this LR or where it came from or Species or anything? maybe that could help me get one!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Never watch Tremors the same way again

Well I thought these would be rare when I read about them on wired.com a while back. Now I realize they could be in my tank at some point.......*CHILL*.....better stock up on some super glue and trout hooks.-music

·
Registered
283 Posts
My friend in Maryland recently ordered macro algae from reefs2go and had one come in as a hitchhiker. He has it in a separate tank and Is deciding if he wants to maintain it... Definitely a bobbit

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 ·
I was going to say something that would probably get me banned so I thought better of it. No it's part of the furniture lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
This post is over 7 years old, yet I still see people share it when bobbit worms are brought up, and I think that's pretty awesome. Tons of people from all over the country have read about your battle with the Bobbit worm!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
My friend in Maryland recently ordered macro algae from reefs2go and had one come in as a hitchhiker. He has it in a separate tank and Is deciding if he wants to maintain it... Definitely a bobbit

Does anyone know how visible these are when they are young and coming in as hitchhikers? Have an order coming in from reefs2go today...

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
One reason they are so successful at sneaking into tanks is because they can be very hard to find. If they are small, they can fit into some tiny holes and bury themselves in the middle of a rock. Just check the rock as best you can.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Yes, puff is right.. The one I had, had to be extremely small, because it took a while for me to see it.. But it off course grew, and that's when I got him...

from note 7

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #259 ·
Does anyone know how visible these are when they are young and coming in as hitchhikers? Have an order coming in from reefs2go today...
All you can do is set some food out and see if it disappears. If it does you need a red light and time to sit there at night and see if you can find it

241 - 260 of 265 Posts