Michigan Reefers banner
731 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  novi tony 
#1 ·
The fish tank in westland, MI. Great store and great people. Still the cleanest store I have been to yet. Very reasonable prices. Friendly service and the owner and his wife are extremely helpful and nice. They are small but do business better than any store around and I've been to just about every one. They will also do custom orders, etc. You get the at home feeling when you're there. They are starting out in business, if you can consider helping them they are very good people trying to make a living doing what they love.

#2 ·
I just went there today as I was on my way 2 another LFS. Yes they are a very clean store and the tanks are spotless. The prices were ok and the 1 man that was there was nice. Although not much help in ordering me a MH bulb but if they are just starting Im sure that will come with time. Now a whole lot of stock but what they do have is in good health and looking nice.

#5 ·
This is what I consider to be my home store, as it is the one I frequent the most. I will agree that the store is run by good people. I have been going there for a little over a year since they opened and have not had a complaint yet. This is one of the few places I can honestly say that about. I am not affiliated at all, just a satisfied customer.
Skippy I was there today, as well, and I would recommend that you go back after Wednesday. That is when they get their shipments. They were rather low today. As far as the guy that has working today, he is newer there and might not of know about the metal halide bulbs you were looking for. I know that is not an excuse when you want something, but it would be an explanation.
Tony, I don’t know if you remember me or not, Scott introduced us there once before. I would love to check out your shark tank some day. From what you told me, and the pictures in your other thread it looks awesome.

Rick

#8 ·
Yeah, I remember you.

As far as ordering bulbs, they just ordered me 3 14K hamiltons for 75 a piece about a month ago, very helpful. The 14 K's are what is on their top left reef tank, it makes for a very nice look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.