Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just tried to use the word "s p u n k" & it got censored. Can anyone enlighten me as to why? It doesn't have any inappropriate meanings so far as yahoo's search engine can find.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
LOL I can't answer your question, but I understand... the name of one of the sponsors contains a word that gets/got censored too-devil 2

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jimsflies said:
Check the third definition on this page...insert your word instead of "*****" in the link below:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/*****
Alright, that's just ridiculous. I'm sure if I wrote that word somewhere on this site, referring to anything relevant like a fish's attitude as I had intended, that absolutely nobody would find it offensive. If you would, then you need to wash out your brain with a bar of soap.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
lol I'm gonna have to remember that deffinition lol

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Never knew that. It's crazy. And if you use it in regard to a fish's attitude content should be everything and it should not have been censored. All most all words could be used in a vulgar sense by sickos do we really need to lend them more credibility by showing them we'll submit.

·
Registered
15,111 Posts
Unfortunately the automatic filters dont take into account the context in which a word is used. I'm not sure if there are any that can do that.

G

·
personaly I feel that the filters are a bit to aggresive and users should be able to turn them on and off for their acc as they see fit now granted guests wouldn't have this option but some times it is anoying when you are talking about somthing s t i n k and it sensors it especialy when you are talking about the smell of somthing like dt's there are a lot of words that are rarely used in an offensive manner that are sensored here

1 - 15 of 15 Posts