Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as I know, all of the activity is on land... and it's slowed down since yesterday. Would be WAY Cool to see underwater!:cool:

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Hope you have a safe trip. We want pic's.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Can you bring me back a Dragon Eel???

I know they cost like $1,000.00 bucks here, but they are FREE over there!

Are you going to any high-end pet stores???

:)

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Clownfish said:

Exporting on your own would be highly frowned upon, more liklely illeagal-devil 2 It might be possible to have something shipped from a store though... I'll look into it and see what I can find out.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just came back from maui for 3 weeks and it was awesome. If you dive and are in maui i know of a real good dive company there that i dove with. I have tons of pics too. I got to see a whale shark also. I was hoping to see a dragon moray but I asked them about them and they said that they are very rare to see.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
fishtal said:
Exporting on your own would be highly frowned upon, more liklely illeagal-devil 2
JUST STUFF IT IN YOUR PANTS AND GET ON THE PLANE!!!!:D

*And hope for no delays!

J/K:)

Really, can you check on prices at local stores for shipping one back? I'd appreciate it!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Clownfish said:

My inlaws just left a week or so ago...I took my father in law to Choice and when he saw the Dragons he laughed because the fishermen in Japan hate the eels. He said you can catch them just about every where there.

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Clownfish,

I found a store to check out, it's by the Aloha Stadium... don't seem to have a website though...

·
Registered
49 Posts
some great offshore dives

check out place of refuge, magic sands and kealakeikua bay(get there at dawn and dive with the spinner dolphins) all on the Kona side. Don't sweat the lava it's been gurgling since the 80's. I just hope the vog is'nt too bad. my advice, do not bring or send anything natural from the islands rock, sand lava, etc., the post offices are full of stuff mailed back to rid people of the curses they bring....I even knock the sand out of my shoes and dive gear before i leave...not taking any chances here.....'
ps. check out "kona mixed plate" over by long's drug store behind hilo hatties in kona, it's where the locals eat and its great food/value:cool:

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bananawlnd said:
check out place of refuge, magic sands and kealakeikua bay(get there at dawn and dive with the spinner dolphins) all on the Kona side. Don't sweat the lava it's been gurgling since the 80's. I just hope the vog is'nt too bad. my advice, do not bring or send anything natural from the islands rock, sand lava, etc., the post offices are full of stuff mailed back to rid people of the curses they bring....I even knock the sand out of my shoes and dive gear before i leave...not taking any chances here.....'
ps. check out "kona mixed plate" over by long's drug store behind hilo hatties in kona, it's where the locals eat and its great food/value:cool:
Thanks for the info, I'm not going to the Big Island though. I wasn't worried about the lava, wish I could see it though-devil 2

As far as rocks and stuff, I know what you're talking about, no worries about me doing that! I know better.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
bananawlnd said:
my advice, do not bring or send anything natural from the islands rock, sand lava, etc., the post offices are full of stuff mailed back to rid people of the curses they bring....I even knock the sand out of my shoes and dive gear before i leave...not taking any chances here.....'
:cool:
Really??? Are you serious? :confused:

Or are you just talking about the 5-0h?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Clownfish said:
Really??? Are you serious? :confused:

Or are you just talking about the 5-0h?:rolleyes:
No, he's not kidding and not talking about the police. The worst thing to take is a piece of lava, but I wouldn't take anything else either.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts