Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How fast should a protein skimmer fill up(Dark brown/black)? I put mine on friday, and it's already full. Is that too fast (normal)? I'm just wondering if I need to look into more filtration. I already have a Fluval FX5 and a AquaClear 110 hang on for mechanical filtration. I have a 90 gallon tank..

Edit- It's a SeaClone 150 Skimmer

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
That's a lot but it could be a break in phase too. Sometimes they skim crazier while the skimmer is getting used to things. Did you dial it in to decrease the amount of air it takes in....making more foamy bubbles vs too much and skimming too wet? That could be what's happening too...

·
Registered
718 Posts
ya what could be happening is if its new, it might fill up the cup a little bit with actual sludge but than might over flow a little bit with not so sludgy water which could give you the impression your pulling out a lot of gunk.

my new skimmer did that yesterday, pulled out maybe an inch worth of crap than over flowed a bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.