Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here is my 210 gallon aggressive build with custom 70 gallon sump/fuge.
Skimmer is an octopuss nw200 and the return pump is a sequence snapper.
160 lbs of carab sea reef grade agra alive sand and 60 lbs of premium figi live rock to start.Uv sterilizer is a coralife turbo twits 6x.And lights consist of a 48'' coralife 4 x 65 watt power compact with lunar lights.

·
Registered
285 Posts
?

I see that you spent a whole lot of money on an awsome set up by why would you use that 48" coralife ? I started my 55 gallon with that same light brand new and only kept it 4 monthes. I switched to the same light but the one with 2 halides. I would never put my light on a 210, it's way too small. It's awsome though, your posibilities are almost endless. Keep posting pics of progress.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The reason that i am using that light is that is what i had laying around.It was on my 55 gallon till i went to t5 lights.So to save money i put that on my 210.It is going to be a aggressive fowlr so light is only for viewing pleasure.And once i get my canopy built you wont even see the light.
jeffrey750 said:
I see that you spent a whole lot of money on an awsome set up by why would you use that 48" coralife ? I started my 55 gallon with that same light brand new and only kept it 4 monthes. I switched to the same light but the one with 2 halides. I would never put my light on a 210, it's way too small. It's awsome though, your posibilities are almost endless. Keep posting pics of progress.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
New fish will be a pair of crosshatch triggers and a golden puffer.And maybe a shoel tang and blueface angel.Existing fish from my 55 are;
Queen trigger
Clown trigger
Bluethroat trigger pair
Niger trigger
Hume Huma trigger
Pork puffer
Six line Wrasse
Tomato clown.
TomToro said:
Very nice setup!! Done well and obviously thought out well too. Looking forward to seeing it run.

What fish are planning on?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE! Well i got all my fish and rock from my 55 transferred over to the new tank.Everything went ok, only lost one fish, my clown trigger.I think he had a stroke or heart attack.Also added some starfish, a new piece of rock, a pencil urchin and a neon dottyback that i got from a fellow reefer.Here are some pics.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just a little update.Did my first major water change right out of the tank instead of out of the sump.So i figured i would post a pic of the clean tank and the new fish that was added.My new little goldenheart trigger.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here are some updated pics.Added a awsome new puffer yesterday from kees.Still need to get some more rock.But everything is going great and everyone is getting along great.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
There is a fish missing!!!!!

I am a huge FOWLR fan, but your system is missing a particular specimen....otherwise it looks perfect!

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah i know wayne but nobody has one for a price i want to pay right now.i know that you gave me a awsone price on the ones you have but right now that is still too high for me.Thanks Wayne.
W.Oliver said:
I am a huge FOWLR fan, but your system is missing a particular specimen....otherwise it looks perfect!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Sweet lookin Puffer! Is that Juvinile markings or will he keep that pattern? In the second pic I see the marking of a Clown Trigger, you get another 1?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts