Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have anything to say about them? do they know a lot about saltwater all i know about them is when i went in and bought my piranaha's and they didn't really know anything about them. so i'm just wondering if they know there stuff about saltwater. i'll prolly be looking at getting some LR from them soon, so just wondering thanks
wally

·
Registered
755 Posts
Which one are you referring to? Plainfield or Division?

I have been going to the Plainfield store for years and am satisfied with the level of knowledge and experience. As with any hobby, there are always going to be different opinions and ways to do things. Its up to you to sift through and take from it what you can.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've actually been to both i got my piranha from the plainfield one, the one on division is a little father down but i used to live on kzoo and 68th, i'm going to be coming down next week sometime to check stuff out it would be kinda cool to meet someone there i prolly wont buy anything yet still reseaching and i need an ro unit to get water yet so unless i can get about 80g of ro water from someone in grand rapids or on the way there or something, thanks tho
wally

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
VI Pets knows a lot about SW but don't talk to the girls... they know about the furry animals... Their freshwater guys are Tom and Dave(?)... For saltwater ask for Cory, Jason, Dan, and Tom! Goodluck! - Tim

·
Registered
755 Posts
the above people mentioned are at the plainfield store. And do talk to the girls, they may not be as knowledgable about sw as the rest but they know enough. If they don't have the answer, they will get help. Thats how we all learn.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Vipets has been very helpful to me personally. They Take good care of their sw stock, healthy frags at reasonable prices imo.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I like em' a lot I get a lot of stuff there, but I've noticed that the Division one is wayyyy cheaper :) I picked up a diamond goby at Plainfield for 30, went to Division it was only 20! lol

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
ok heres how it goes IMO:

Plainfield a little more knowlageable (depends on who is working) better selection.

Division is where i always go because for some reason their live stock is A LOT cheaper. example, i called PLFLD for pepermin shrimps and they were 9.99. then i called division and they were 8$ea buy 2 get 1 free!~

eitherway they both use copper so if you have corals be sure not to dump their water into your reef tank

·
Banned
394 Posts
Part of the problem with comparing prices between stores is this. Each store buys their own stock. Each store can buy the same thing but at different lot breaks. One may buy six peppermint shrimp at one price. The other buys 24 at another price. The cost difference will show up in the retail price. Another difference is in the size of the fish or coral that is being compared. A small diamond goby can sell for $20. An extra large will sell for twice that. There is also the possibility that a store will have an over abundance of a type of live stock. The lower price is to help move the stock to make room for new stuff. And there is also that pesky human error. I will try to make sure that our prices are more in line with the other stores with consideration for size and quality.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Vipets on Plainfield is rude... Most of there staff is not very nice.. They personally make me feel stupid although I'm like hummm 10 mins away from them I go to the Cutlerville store Karina and Frick are always nice and willing to help. This is my personal exprience others may have different experinces. Katherine

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have had NOTHING but great experiences at VIPets on Plainfield. Everyone who works there is very friendly and helpful. Last time I went there Cory grabbed me by the arm as soon as I got in the door and pulled me over to show me his new reef-flo skimmer. When I go there, I end up spending way more time just chatting with the employees than I do looking at livestock. Great people, great selection, more than fair prices.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts