Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my vortechs today. I have 2 mp40w es on a 6 foot 150. Already love them but what mode do you run them on and at what power setting. I have mine set to tds mode at full power and noticed fuller polyp extension within hours.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Sweet full power! lol your tank's got to be rocking and rolling.

I got mine in a 6 foot tank and usually run reefcrest at 60% but NTM is what I like to alternate too every now and than, still around 60%

I go up over than that some of my sps start to think they are softies

+1 on the polyp extension I remember when I only had one and all my coral's reacted with much better extension, I had a purple tort start to look like and lps it was so shaggy...

Enjoy the pumps they cost but there great.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I cant wait to get my mp40. Do you think one will do me ok in a 6 foot 180? Cause don't they just come with one head per controller? I don't have the money to buy 2 at this point if there is only one head that comes with it for the $450 some odd dollars.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it only comes with one head. I don't think one is enough by itself. I would buy another vortech when you get a change. Keep watching selling forum on here they come up every once in a while. I bought mine off reef2reef, they were brand new in a sealed box with a January 2012 born on date but bought them at a decent used price

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.