Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a republican but to be honest I don't like any of the candidates that are running. Mr G reminds me of "Chucky" the doll and probably pretty close to what could happen, Romney is a shady rich guy who's always putting his foot in his mouth, the other one is very religious and wants to tell people how to live their lives and what they can do w their bodies ie abortion. Too much govt control imo.

If I even decide to vote today, it will probably be forPapa Smurf.

·
Registered
519 Posts
too bad he has no chance of winning the nomination. He has some radical views but at least he is capable of straight talk, which is lacking at all levels of government.

The worst is yet to come, in 10 - 15 years today will seem like good times. There is still time to make a change, but not by counting on our government to do it. Everyone shold vote and they should vote accoss party lines. There are good people on both sides, and even non party ciandidates. Send a message, get rid of the career politicians and lets get back to where we should be.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
too bad he has no chance of winning the nomination. He has some radical views but at least he is capable of straight talk, which is lacking at all levels of government.

The worst is yet to come, in 10 - 15 years today will seem like good times. There is still time to make a change, but not by counting on our government to do it. Everyone shold vote and they should vote accoss party lines. There are good people on both sides, and even non party ciandidates. Send a message, get rid of the career politicians and lets get back to where we should be.
He is in second place in delegates. The straw polls are one thing, the delegates get you elected.

·
Registered
653 Posts
He is in second place in delegates. The straw polls are one thing, the delegates get you elected.
I feel Paul is the man likely to get Obama re-elected. The longer he hangs around taking up some of the conservative votes the less likely it is for Santorum to overtake Romney. Romney being a liberal will not likely energize the base enough to win over Obama. My opinion only of course :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
I feel Paul is the man likely to get Obama re-elected. The longer he hangs around taking up some of the conservative votes the less likely it is for Santorum to overtake Romney. Romney being a liberal will not likely energize the base enough to win over Obama. My opinion only of course :)
I tend to agree with this line of thinking. At the same time however, I would like to see our system revert back to at rue representative government of the common man vs.the elitist career politician.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I tend to agree with this line of thinking. At the same time however, I would like to see our system revert back to at rue representative government of the common man vs.the elitist career politician.
Agree totally, the other people in the office didn't know what I was talking about when I called us a representative republic a couple weeks ago. I don't feel this shift will take place until things get so bad that the generally lazy public gets off their behinds and actually researches the choices. A shame people don't put the same value in their right to vote as the people who died giving it to them!

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
In 2009 I read The Revolution by Ron Paul. After I was done, I couldn't help but be embarrassed by how far to the left the GOP has taken me. I don't care that Romney or Santorum are more electable, in my opinion they are no better than the current king.
Im reading Liberty Defined right now. Even if Ron Paul is not on the ballot I am writing him in along with many others. Some may say well you are voting for Obama then. No I am voting for what I believe in. Why should I sell out my beliefs for the lesser of two evils? A message must be sent. When a guy that doesn't get on the ballot and still hits 20% with just write ins that should open some ears.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Agree totally, the other people in the office didn't know what I was talking about when I called us a representative republic a couple weeks ago. I don't feel this shift will take place until things get so bad that the generally lazy public gets off their behinds and actually researches the choices. A shame people don't put the same value in their right to vote as the people who died giving it to them!
You know, you really hit the nail on the head about the "generally lazy" citizenry. It's this apathy that has gotten us where we are. And you are totally correct regarding the shame that the general citizenry doesn't value does not vale their right to vote nor those who died to grant it to them.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Im reading Liberty Defined right now. Even if Ron Paul is not on the ballot I am writing him in along with many others. Some may say well you are voting for Obama then. No I am voting for what I believe in. Why should I sell out my beliefs for the lesser of two evils? A message must be sent. When a guy that doesn't get on the ballot and still hits 20% with just write ins that should open some ears.
I agree. A message must be sent. However, that said, casting a vote for someone that is not the nominee does nothing to send the message. I agree that voting for what you believe in is important. But when we have a president such as BHO, it's paramount to the future of this country that he and his administration not be granted a second term. The damage done in this term will not be evident in full for 10-15 years. A vote for anyone other than the nominee is essentially a vote for BHO. JMHO.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
I agree. A message must be sent. However, that said, casting a vote for someone that is not the nominee does nothing to send the message. I agree that voting for what you believe in is important. But when we have a president such as BHO, it's paramount to the future of this country that he and his administration not be granted a second term. The damage done in this term will not be evident in full for 10-15 years. A vote for anyone other than the nominee is essentially a vote for BHO. JMHO.
I get where you are coming from also. To me it is not a two party system anymore. They are the same set to fight with each other to confuse the public. Obama and Romney are backed by the big banks so why do you think the economy will get any better? Neither of them have a grasp on what the bigger problem is. All I can say is the media blackout of Ron Paul tells me higher ups are afraid of him because the status quo will change.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I get where you are coming from also. To me it is not a two party system anymore. They are the same set to fight with each other to confuse the public. Obama and Romney are backed by the big banks so why do you think the economy will get any better? Neither of them have a grasp on what the bigger problem is. All I can say is the media blackout of Ron Paul tells me higher ups are afraid of him because the status quo will change.
I agree with your last statement. I do believe however that with a republican white house and congress, the potential is far greater to reverse some of the damage done by the current idiotic administration.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Either Ross Perot (if he is still alive because we need a Ferengy from Star Trek) or
Christie Brinkley, then I will look forward to the State of the Union adresses :)

If the current resident wins, I will hang my American Flag at half mast for the next 4 years.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts