Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i got a buddy that is getting ready to set up a nice size tank and he is looking at getting a greatlakes aquarium.We went and got prices and looked at them on saturday.Now i have never owned one of there aquariums.So he would like to hear from some owners of there tanks and how they like or not like them.Thanks!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Steve made all my frag tanks which on a total are right around 400g or so total water volume and I am very pleased with the workmanship he installs in these tanks. I also sent quite of a few people, who've came and bought corals and inquired on where I got them from, up there to see Steve and they are very satified with their tanks also. He's very fair on his priceing also. I've been talking with him and trying to get him to build me a few 8' frag tanks. I'll never go to anyone else.

·
Administrator
2,496 Posts

Ok so i got a buddy that is getting ready to set up a nice size tank and he is looking at getting a greatlakes aquarium.We went and got prices and looked at them on saturday.Now i have never owned one of there aquariums.So he would like to hear from some owners of there tanks and how they like or not like them.Thanks!
He is building a 320 for me. I talked to a few people all positive. But he has been in business over 30 years. To be doing it that long says it all. Personally he is easy to work with and will make recommendations. h

·
Registered
100 Posts
tanks

We have two set ups from Steve and Brad. Both of the tanks and sumps are very high quality, plus the bonus of them being a Made in Michigan company. They really go out of their way to treat you like family.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Well its good to see that people are very happy with G.L.A. I have be looking at there 195 gal. But I still need to go out there and look at there different overflow options. I want one that can handle a lot of flow. (like 2000+ gph)

·
Registered
535 Posts
They will be making my 85 rimless. I have never seen any other company that comes close to the price. A big plus is that you can actually pick it up from them and not ship it. Got to love that they are local.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My wife and I were there on the 4th of February and picked up my new 195 gallon (72x24x26) and stand. Best price I've seen anywhere, and I feel the quality is great. He even gave me a discount for a chip in the glass that I STILL can't see anywhere! (And I looked!) Cash will give you bigger discounts, and of course if you price and pick up at the store the price is unbeatable. All the staff were friendly and happy to chat.

Check out my 195 FOWLR build

Hope this helps!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts