Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
caughtaniner said:
we got some Lamb shoulder blade chops, but i have never made lamb before. anyone have some good recies?
preheat the oven to 350. get a cooking bag, and pour 1/4 cup of either olive oil, or penut oil......cut two potatoes into 1/4's.

from there, put some tyme (light amount but be semi-generous as it flavors lamb), a half table spoon of garlic, a little pepper and salt to preference, preferablly the crushed black pepper thats a bit coarse.

add the lamb, and taters. close bag. shake bag around to coat lamb. the lambs juices will come out during cooking and help flavor onto taters as well.

cook for about 35-45 minutes. preferablly 40 minutes for tenderness, and cut open top of bag during last ten minutes, and turn oven to 400-425.

enjoy ^.^

·
Registered
191 Posts
fishtal said:
I've never cooked Lamb either... just picked this recipe at random, sounds yummy though:D

http://www.basic-recipes.com/meatsmd/l/herbdijon.htm

Just do a search for lamb recipes... you'll find TONS of ideas:D it's a Great way to find something new to try/cook/prepare.

Let me know what you decide and how it turns out!
with lamb, its best to avoid mixtures like mustard, or any kind of overly strong baste, to help preserve the flavor and texture of the lamb itself...knowing the lambs flavor helps one to figure what they'd like to do to it in the long run; or next cooking. still sounds tasty, minus the mustard lol.

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
kingkill83 said:
with lamb, its best to avoid mixtures like mustard, or any kind of overly strong baste, to help preserve the flavor and texture of the lamb itself...knowing the lambs flavor helps one to figure what they'd like to do to it in the long run; or next cooking. still sounds tasty, minus the mustard lol.
Cool, Good to know! Like I said, I've never prepared it... I just remember 1/2 of the joke.... "Mary had a little lamb.... (I forget this part)... with Mint jelly"-devil 2

I called my buddy and got it... "Mary had a little lamb... Medium Rare, with Mint jelly..." he he he

·
Registered
191 Posts
fishtal said:
Cool, Good to know! Like I said, I've never prepared it... I just remember 1/2 of the joke.... "Mary had a little lamb.... (I forget this part)... with Mint jelly"-devil 2

I called my buddy and got it... "Mary had a little lamb... Medium Rare, with Mint jelly..." he he he
LOL thats too good. yea i love lamb, i'll buy a few shoulders of it every other week or so. best meat ever. just be sure when buying to make sure it was free range, thats where the flavor is. its like eating a deer raised ona farm compaired to one hunting.

·
Registered
191 Posts
***** said:
You gotta use Rosemary on Lamb!!! They're a natural together.
also a good mix- and not one to be overlooked. i think its good, but not in really high amounts, hehe. i've had it though in higher amounts on lamb, it maks the flavor distinct in its own right thats for sure, and in a good way ^.^-devil 2

dammit now i wanna go buy some lamb :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Rosemary is definitely a potent herb, but it rich, aromatic flavor really compliments lamb and pork in particular. Personally, I love it. Not too bad in some chicken recipes either.
dammit now i wanna go buy some lamb:D :D :D
I heard that. Need to run down to Greektown for some lamb chops. Yuuuuuuummy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts