Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to do my 2nd water change on my 29G Bio Cube tomorrow. From my experience with my 1st change last week, when I siphon the sand, I'm losing some sand off the top of my bed.

Obviously from my water change experience with fresh water, the siphon couldn't suck up the rocks I had in my tank.

Over time, will I have to replace the sand that I'm losing in my tank every week? It's not much, but sand does get sucked through the siphon.

·
Registered
937 Posts
igot2gats said:
I'm about to do my 2nd water change on my 29G Bio Cube tomorrow. From my experience with my 1st change last week, when I siphon the sand, I'm losing some sand off the top of my bed.

Obviously from my water change experience with fresh water, the siphon couldn't suck up the rocks I had in my tank.

Over time, will I have to replace the sand that I'm losing in my tank every week? It's not much, but sand does get sucked through the siphon.
imo only suck sand 1 time per month and yes you can add a little new sand every time you lose some hope this helps

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Yes, eventually you will need to replace some sand. I try to replenish sand and clean-up crew about once a year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts