Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just had my water tested at the fish store. Wow my hardness is at 30 dkh. I am wondering what the culprit would be.

Thanks,

Bryan

G

·
ok I am guesing this is a salt tank right

they tested for fresh water things if they tested hardnes the salt alone with all the calcium and mag will make the water harder than anything so I would not use that test

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
tazzy695 said:
ok I am guesing this is a salt tank right

they tested for fresh water things if they tested hardnes the salt alone with all the calcium and mag will make the water harder than anything so I would not use that test
dKH would not take into account calcium and magnesium (ie it is the carbonate hardness of the water).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
water hardness

I bought ready made salt water from aquatic. I also used some tap water mixed with seachem reef salt. I had a problem in the tank last week. The filter stopped working.Also the ammonia, nitrite & trates got a little high. I brought my water in just to have it checked. He said he never seen the hardness that high
ever ever ever. I tested the water from aquatic & my tap water and they a were both within range. I only add phyto feast every Friday. I have been adding purple up on a daily basis though. I haven't seen a lot of coraline alge build up which prompted me to have the water checked at aquatic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts