Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is the deal ive tried 3 heaters 2 stealths and some other brand all new, I put heater on 75 and my water temp goes to 83-84 first time I thought it was a bad heater then again I thought bad now again its doing the same with 3rd heater. Also I tried 3 different thermometer s I dont even have a light on it.whats the deal any ideas by the way all the heaters are 200w and my tank is 72g

·
Registered
870 Posts
Don't waste your money on junk heaters - spend the money to get a decent ebo-jager heater (by eheim) and never worry about it again. Mine has been running flawlessly for like 6 or 7 years and has kept the temperature within +/- 1 degree the whole time. It truly is a set it and forget it type thermometer (once you find the exact temperature you want).

Edit: Also, what type of equipment are you running on your tank? Big mag pumps, halides, and some other things will make your temp skyrocket if you don't have a lot of water volume. Let us know.

·
Registered
544 Posts
You will probably find pumps are the problem, I have a Panworld that runs very very warm, and it puts a couple of degrees in my tank, I also have an Eheim 1260 for skimmer and that adds heat along with two small powerheads for reactors and another two for my calcium reactor - definitely look at pumps. Also have two Tunze 6105's and one other small circulation pump in the 120 tank. That is a total of 9 pumps adding heat.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well as far as pumps I have 2 powerheads which I just put in after having this issue, also I am running a hob skimmer and a fluval 405 and I dont have a light on I at all, im just a little shocked because I have tried 3 different heaters up until now I finally have it where I want it but my actual heater is set on 68 and my water temp is at 76 , I have always used the stealth heaters with no issue but now 2 of those did same thing as current one I guess its fine now that water is staying at correct temp but I feel like its rigged and usually that doesnt work out so well in the long run. ..
How is it 3 heaters all have same issue? Hard for me to believe its the heaters does any1 think it could be the canister filter?

·
Registered
870 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts