Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got these palys in August from a fellow local reefer...

Now they look like this:

Lighting is 6x54 in a 75g tank..
ATI Blue+ (back)
UVL Super Actinic 420nm
GE Daylight
12000K ATI Aquablue Special
UVL Super Actinic 420nm
ATI Blue+(front)

Moral of the story: Don't pass up the blahs in the store, cause you never know...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DlBerlin said:
Those are purty!
Nice bulb combo:D
I can thank you for the bulbs Deb! -yes They took on the deeper red when I put on the two ATI Blue + and 12K Aquable special two weeks ago. They had taken an orange tone a little after I got the UVL super actinics from you a few months ago.

my original combo I got from Reefgeek over 1 year ago below never brought out the deeper colors.. my original combo is below for reference...
Used to have:
Geisman blue+
Geisman aquablues
1 GE sunlight
Geisman blue+
Geisman aquablues
Geisman blue+

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
that's truly incredible!

I've been a bit down on my lights lately...maybe I should make the switch to all t5's. I think that the new 250 phoenix bulb I bought is too much. I wonder if somehow I got an extra "hot" bulb. I have had to cut my photo period in half to keep from frying corals.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jim,

I've been able to keep a crocea and green BTA happy with these lights...

I do not get quick growth with 'sps' as in my 20g where I have a MH over it...

I'd recommend viewing people's tanks with T5s and what bulbs they're using and how they're placed if you do decide to go the T5 route... the bulb combinations are many...
I haven't tried much 'sps'... just monti caps and a purple digi.. they're doing good...

-Joe

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
I've got a few sticks but they are not my favorites. I've had issues lately with zoos and palys and have gone toward various LPS corals. I had a couple nice aussie acans until they got sun burned by this 250 phoenix (doh).:(

A little better energy efficiency out of my tank would be another good side effect of completely switching to t5's. I am running four 30 watt HO-T5 actinics in addition to the 250 phoenix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts