Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont know the exact spelling of the parasite but its those good ones that mean that ur tank is doing good and was wondering what east them?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
lol why are you calling them parasites? They're tiny bugs. Mandarins and Anthias eat them as far as I know. I believe wrasses eat them too.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
lots of fish

I don't know who called them or calls them parasites. they are a important part of a reef or a fish tank Mandarins, scooter blennies eat them almost exclusively unless you are lucky enough to have one that eats fish food. wrasses,crabs,tangs butterfly fish eat them and on love them. if they were considered parasites why would somebody pay $20 bucks a small bottle. :rolleyes: truth is most people just can't resist the cute little mandarins. :p

·
Registered
298 Posts
My mandarine and six line fight over them. Once a week I will pull some of the extra plants out of my refugium and hold them in the display tank in front of the power head and seed the display tank with goodies for them to eat.

They love it!:D

·
Registered
420 Posts
copepods

I am pretty sure 6-line wrasses eat them. I got rid of my 6-line due to the aggression towards other wrasses. Now I have tons of copepods and they are starting to bother my clams.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
????

are you thinking that copods are bad if your tank hasn't been up for at least 6 months to a year I would no recommend a mandarin or scooter and unless you have a least 70 lbs of live rock I would not recommend one at all though they have been kept in smaller tanks etc exception not the rule. why are you asking about copods you seem to think they are bad. please give more detail why you are asking. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i know that they are good but when they get all over the place like to to many i was just wondering away to get rid of them

·
Registered
15,111 Posts
Theres really no such thing as too many, many of us add refugiums to our systems to get more. Your corals, anemones, most fish, crabs,shrimps, etc... will all eat pods. Kinda the bottom of the meat eaters food chain. Lots of pods is generally a sign of a healthy tank.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
Thomas208 how long has your tank been up?

Thomas208 said:
i know that they are good but when they get all over the place like to to many i was just wondering away to get rid of them
tanks go though allot before stabilizing one minute you complain you have too many next thing you are thinking of paying $20 bucks a bottle lol. please tell us about your tank. and like Deb said I don't think any of us has to many.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts