Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 14 gallon oceanic biocube and went to set it up and the overflow tray and bioball strainer are missing. Does anybody know where I can buy these online or are they really necessary?

Thanks,
Lori

·
Registered
174 Posts
Not necessary at all, get on Mediabaskets.com and order the media basket through intank, they rock! Check out the site it'll fully explain how they work

·
Registered
174 Posts
No prob! Their custo service rocks too! I forgot to reread you're orig post, but if you have bioballs do yourself a favor and toss em in the trash b4 you add water... Guess I should elaborate haha, the bioballs turn into a giant nitrate factory causing levels to spike rather quickly in a reef/salt tank, they are more aimed for fresh water to hold the proper bacterias and stuff as far as I have read, I know for sure you def do NOT want to use them for salt though

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just had a piece of filter floss and some chemi pure elite down by the intake for the return in my 2nd chamber until I got the intank media basket/ fuge combo, now I run filter floss purigen chemipure

1 - 9 of 9 Posts