Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, was wondering if any of you know where I can find a small AIO tank like the jbjpicotope, ecopico, finnex ones etc. From a lfs. Also a lfs that carry good live rock in the Oakland county area, I am willing to drive a bit. I know that the trop is best but I am on a budget and want to try somewhere new. Thanks for the help.

I went to moby dick today and the rock was looking a little barren and had no tanks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Best place to get rock is other members here in the forum man, as far as a tank goes, unless your set on a LFS I'd try amazon, Craigslist, eBay, or a site like doctors foster and smith, good luck!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

I looked over the selling forum didn't find any live rock.... I would rather support a lfs over amazon etc. Also this tank is for the gf and she wants it up now lol

·
Registered
174 Posts
Haha, not sure where your located but my rec then would be preuss in Lansing man, place is awesome, some of their prices are a bit high, but usually comparable to most LFS I've been too, and the staff is amazing and so helpful! You def won't regret checking it out

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I will never shop anywhere but kees aquariums in shelby. I have been other places and its then i realize what i have close by. They usual have good live rock. When i got mine they had excellent live rock.
Their staff is really good too.

Sent from my Samsung Smartphone using Tapatalk. When I should be doing something more productive.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Oh and i have seen pico tanks there too

Sent from my Samsung Smartphone using Tapatalk. When I should be doing something more productive.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pico

Thanks everyone for the input, I would love to go to pruess but I live in waterford...... quite the hike but I may do it. I have been to kees a few times, will prob go there for the tank. The last time I was there the rock was bad they just got a shipment in and let me pick over it.... was all bone dry no life. She loves all the hitchhikers and critters do dunno yet for where to go for the rock.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Try pet connection at 5 and middlebelt, or house of pets at ford and middlebelt, there's also a fish doc at lilly and..... Not sure actually I think joy rd? In that area, or you could go to preuss and get it all in one trip! Haha, they def have pico tanks, and they have 3-4 diff grades of live rock with varying amounts of live stuff on it

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pruess

Just map quested it and its an hour away..... not to bad, your def selling me on the idea. Whats there highest grade look like? Better than the trop?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have never been to trop but preuss has some nice stuff, the staff is nice and very knowledgable and they have every poss thing you could need from tanks to food to chem, lighting, cuc, literally anything, as well as birds reptiles and about every other pet you could think of, I live in walled lake and it takes me about 50 mins to get there

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pruess pets

Well pretty sure I'll be heading to Lansing tmrw unless anyone knows a place in metro Detroit that will have some lively rock with hitchhikers etc....... also does anyone know if preuss pets carry the reef edition ecopico

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I when i got my live rock from kees i got several green fuzzy shrooms. Green star polyps. And some sponge as hitch hikers. All are still present.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
preuss pets

Wow!! Thank you molitor for sending me to preuss pets, that place is absolutely amazing. I ended up leaving there with a innovative marine 8g and some amazing live rock. Already see Xenia, zoas, snake polyps, starfish, pods, sponges and green star. They let me pick from some of there display tanks. Rock was a little pricy but well worth the quality...... don't even mind the hour n a half drive.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Lol very nice! Congrats man, preuss is def worth the trip every time! I been making the drive for about 10 years since back when they were in Williamson, great place great staff, can't go wrong really

1 - 15 of 15 Posts