Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need some mrs wages pickling lime but cant find it. and it seems like when i go somewhere and ask for it they look at me like im an idiot and theyve never heard of it.

so what stores and what section is mrs wages pickling lime in???

thanks

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I found mine at kroger last time I bought it. Its next to the canning stuff.
If you can't find it I have a few extra.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
reefermike1 said:
need some mrs wages pickling lime but cant find it. and it seems like when i go somewhere and ask for it they look at me like im an idiot and theyve never heard of it.

so what stores and what section is mrs wages pickling lime in???

thanks
That is the look i get as well.......-devil

G

·
at walmart if they have it in stock it is over next to all the canning supplies not in grocery I would guess the same with meyer

look over by the pots and pans where they keep the canning jars and such

·
Registered
469 Posts
noob?

what are you using the pickling lime for? do you drip that instead of kalkwasser? does it leach phos from sand/rock? what is the diff from your experience?

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
thstorms said:
what are you using the pickling lime for? do you drip that instead of kalkwasser? does it leach phos from sand/rock? what is the diff from your experience?
It is kalkwasser, just labeled differently.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I had found some Mrs. Wages at my grocery store, but it was for pickles and had spices in it for pickles. Is that how it comes? I don't know if my fish would care for a garlic and dill spa...

·
Registered
58 Posts
I found mine at walmart. This time of year it is difficult to get a hold of it is best to get it at the beginning of the canning season. It is always in the general merchandise section with the canning products when they have it in stock. I can spare a jar if you can't find it anywhere.

G

·
I just bought Mrs.Wages at kroger in dearborn....3 days ago...I always look when I go shopping anywhere & always see it.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just found some finally at the walmart on 23 and m53. bought 3 pounds for under $9. better than 1/2pound for $15 of kalkwasser lol

G

·
chemicaly mrs wages pickling lime is the same as kalk

add water it becomes kalkwasser

basicl dosing insturction are as folows since I have seen this asked many times in this thread

#1 place some kalk/pickling lime into a container 1g or bigger and add water carefully (depending on weather or not your are using actual calcium hydroxide or not it could react with the water causing it to get extreemly hot pure lime will cause the reaction wich is what will react)

#2 shake or stir the water and kalk up realy good

#3 let settle back out

#4 start a slow drip siphon from the container of the kalkwasser (clear water) into the tank this works best if sent directly into the skimmer

G

·
this dosing is good for maintaining calcium but not realy for increasing it and is only realy good for low demand on calcium

1 - 20 of 26 Posts