Michigan Reefers banner
959 views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  weimers75 
It would all depend on the what your lighting the tank with. I can't say I remember off hand. Remind us of what you are using. But, generally, place everything at or near the bottom to start and slowly move it up if you think it isnt getting enough light.

For that little of lighting over a 55. I would put them all about half way up and put the Monti cap at the top. Maybe all of them at the top until you get the 4 bulbs running. What bulbs are you using? That makes a huge difference as well.

ATI makes good bulbs. Which bulbs. If they are actinic, they wont be giving on the right spectrum to aid in coral health and growth. They are most for the look. Bulbs like the Aquablue special, blue+, purple+ are the ones that you will want from ATI. A 4 bulb setup doesnt give much room for a mix but, its a start. You could go with something like
Blue+
Aquablue special
Blue+
Aquablue Special

Or throw a Fiji Purple or ATI purple+ in there instead of a blue+

I would probably start your corals out half way with two bulbs, watch them and move them as needed. How long before you get the 4 bulbs running?

I would add something with a bit more power.
blue+
aquablue special
actinic
blue+ or purple+

but, with only 4 bubls, I would probably nix the actinic and go with another as I mentioned above.

I have asked some people already but I recently got a neon green trumpet head, a green singulara some waving Xenia, a orange cap Monti and a leather coral where should I put these in my tank? In high or low flow?and high or low in the tank for lighting?
Pay attention to there color, how open the heads or polyps are. Lighting is not the only concern here. Flow plays a very important role as well. Look each of these corals us online and see what they look like, read more into there requirements. Just type the coral name into your search engine.

The trumpet would preffer low to moderate flow, medium to high light, not all of them though, it may vary.

The sinularia I am not sure of, but I would think moderate flow, low to moderate lighting.

xenia almost anywhere

Monti cap under the lighting you have, start low, if it doesnt start to color up move it up a few inches and moderate flow. some high flow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.