Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran out of CO2 yesterday and found out Wilson Welding went out of business, now I can't find a place that will refill my tank around where I live or work.

Called Airgas but they only accept CO2 tank exchanges, and I have a really nice 20 pound epoxy coated tank that don't want to give away for a beater. $22 bucks for the 20 pounds did sound good but I have a controller and my tank lasts for 3 years.

Anybody refilling their tanks around Shelby Township, Macomb, Sterling or Madison Heights, or Warren?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I just re-read your initial post, your going to have a really difficult time getting a refill with that tank, tanks need to be inspected and recertified after a certain amount of years. Places wont fill up an expired tank...

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
airgas welding supply.... better luck swapping it out than finding a place to refill

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
You dont need to swap it. I had a carbon fiber 3400 psi 64 cu tank. No one would swap that ( actually i traded it for a four wheeler). when i was in highschool and played paint ball. These places fill co2 tanks. Southpark was always really cheap if you could get there before they close.

Sent from my Samsung Smartphone using Tapatalk. When I should be doing something more productive.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll call South Park Welding, thanks for the tip.

Wilson actually recertified the tank the last time they refilled it, it's basically a pressure test at a very high rate, if it survives then they refill it and if not then it's trash, I'm hoping for the best of course.

I'm afraid Dunhams will want an arm and a leg to refill a 20 pound tank but I will call them anyway, they are on my way home.

Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Airgas in Ferndale - Said they can refill, but it needs to be left overnight. I use a 5lbs so I know it's a different situation, but I just exchange mine. The replacement tanks are a surprisingly nice quality.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ended up in South Park, Romeo; got the tank back the same day and I have to tell you, the nicest people in town, very happy with the service.

Now they warned me the tank recertification was due soon and they couldn't refill it again without it, and since they have to send the tank to a third party it normally takes between 4 to 6 weeks, so I'll need a plan B by then.

Thank you all for your tips; I may buy a small 5 pound used tank that I can exchange without remorse while mine is being recertified, I don't want to be without the calcium reactor for that long.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Ended up in South Park, Romeo; got the tank back the same day and I have to tell you, the nicest people in town, very happy with the service.

Now they warned me the tank recertification was due soon and they couldn't refill it again without it, and since they have to send the tank to a third party it normally takes between 4 to 6 weeks, so I'll need a plan B by then.

Thank you all for your tips; I may buy a small 5 pound used tank that I can exchange without remorse while mine is being recertified, I don't want to be without the calcium reactor for that long.
you can go over here they refill for you 1200 farrow in warren or you can go to 20643 van born in taylor

1 - 14 of 14 Posts