Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I see there is a few replacement bulbs for the stock pc nanos, do you Rec a 10k actinic combo? 2 50/50? What's the best pc combo to go with?
What do you plan to do with this tank. If you are just looking to have a couple fish like the clowns, and maybe some softies for coral. The one you mentioned above would be just fine.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 2 clowns and prob some sort of goby in the future, I currently have a frag of acros, plan on a frogspawn, and maybe a couple mushrooms along with a few more acros all added slowly over the next year or so... So the 50/50 combo? 2 of those would be the best route? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
The 2 clowns and prob some sort of goby in the future, I currently have a frag of acros, plan on a frogspawn, and maybe a couple mushrooms along with a few more acros all added slowly over the next year or so... So the 50/50 combo? 2 of those would be the best route? Thanks for the help!
Acros are a totally different story, the PC lighting alone most likely wont sustain them for long. Acros are an SPS and require very intense lighting like T5's, MH and the LED's that actaully work. If you are interested in keeping SPS corals, I would look into upgrading your lighitng. There are many on here that have done this to Nano stock lights. Switching to LED's or I think there is an Upgrade MH fixture available.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't mean acros I meant zoas I'm a noob and I get all the crazy terms and names mixed up my bad, going to stick with softies and mushrooms and maybe a few diff zoas, NOT acros haha, are acans doable under pc lights? I'm planning on a led upgrade, but it's going to be 3-4 months at least b4 that

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
lol, no worries. I have never had PC lighting but, I would think that acans would probably be doable. I would look into it. As around and see what some others say. The frogspawn as well. It may be possible. Though, I am not certain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.