1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I have 2 Euro Reefs that I run and have excellent luck with them, very high quality parts and craftsmanship. I also have a G-3 that I run with the same results. The craftsmanship and parts are a little less - thinner acrylic etc.

If it were me and you could, get a Euro Reef but if budget/price is a large factor ASM is a great product.

I do not have any experience with the Octopus.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
How about recommendations on some exterior skimmers as well? I have a 90g as well and would like to eventually upgrade from my ebay skimmer. Nothing more than $400.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Not to add more confustion but I would go with this:https://diyreef.authsecure.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=91&products_id=589&osCsid=4bb85e74782d9afcf95661146f5b64ca

First off the air flow on the ATI (800l/h) is double that of both the ER and the ASM. Second I have a 90 gal with a 30gal sump and run a ASM G-3. It a great skimmer but if the ATI was out at the time i was looking for a skimmer i would have when with it. A G-2 is to small for a 90 gal. The ATI cost a little more, but the skimmer is the heart and soul of your system. Plus 21 watt at 800 l/h of air is great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts