Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people use carbon on a regular basis ?

What is the reason for using it on a regular basis ?

Thanks for you input!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
i use carbon and my reasoning is that i always used it i just feel safer with it i always had carbon in my freashwater tank before my saltwater tank

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I do... change it out from a filter cylinder (aka reactor) every 1-2 weeks..

reason, I have a mixed reef and want to limit the effects of coral warfare by filtering the water.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input. I never have used it and all of our levels have been good. I have a bucket of kents I was thinking of putting some in a reactor to see what affect it would have on the tank. I

·
Banned
1,916 Posts
Never used carbon before, and now it's a must.

The tank is using a carbon reactor and the water clarity is so clear - at times I look into the tank and it looks like there is air inside it.

The water is crystal clear.

Not a bad investement for the results.

Have a great night !!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
What it does for the overall water quality is un deniable...i swear by it but i also swear by changing it on time as it gets used up rather fast. It can also re release the toxins it takes out if left in too long...i change mine about every 5 days to 7 days depending on when i get to it but absolutly no longer then that for me...i run it in my canister filter and buy a huge bottle from meijers for like 5 6 bucks and it works great!!!!.....I run it pretty much 7 days a week!!!...

Zac

·
Registered
285 Posts
I run carbon in a sock sitting in my sump with some flow around it. I change mine only once a month usually when I do my water change.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts