Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so 5 days ago, we noticed that 1 of our 3 feather duster's was no longer making an apperance. 2 days it was MIA. On the 3rd day, I found it.. but without it's crown and out of his "shell". It died on the 4th night.
Why?

Now, a 2nd of the 3 is also out of it's "shell". But it still has it's crown and seems to be looking for something. Also appears that it now has 2 heads with crowns.. Is it spliting and growing into another feather duster?! Or do they all have 2 heads?

I can't get a clear view through the LR to see if the 3rd duster has 1 or 2 heads. But this one seems to be doing fine..

here's a picture of the 2nd feather duster. It's about 5 inches from the shell.

What is going on?! all Parameter's are on mark. temp could go up a degree..

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I've seen the same problem, which leads to believe that these dusters are fairly sensitive to enviroment shock. Honestly who knows why it died.

They do build their own casing and can rebuild it if they are removed from it, though i've never personally experienced it.

As for it having two heads, are you just reffering to the "crown"? That section is usually split and that may be what you are seeing or it could be a strange two headed duster.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts