Michigan Reefers banner
2K views 45 replies 19 participants last post by  Sueet 
#1 ·
Why can't I find anything like this? Supposedly this came from reefermadness, but I have never seen anything even close to this on their site.

See less See more
#6 ·
I've been moving a lot of my stuff from the stock tank into the 90 so I can see them again. Boy I have some purties I forgot about and some new additions that colored up really nice too. I'll post pics as soon as I can. I'm on 12hrs all week. Those pinks have more than tripled in size. Did you see the safecracker zoo's-Bob

#10 ·
This is one of my biggest complaints/reasons for not wanting to continue keeping a reef. I see all these people with these amazing corals, while the only stuff I ever find is boring green and brown garbage. I've FINALLY started to find colorful Caps at Pet Connection, but usually any frags they may have are sold out. It's like, who do I have to do favors for in order to find some of this stuff!?!

#11 ·
Paint, and anyone else:

I'm thinking for getting a 'pool' of people together to get some cherries like the above. I don't have $200 a pop to grab 4-5 of those things, HOWEVER, if we had 5 people that each put in $40 we could have bought that $200 piece above and each came away with a nice frag. I think that's the way I'm going to have to do it ...

#15 ·
Those colonies that Deep Blue Reefs has been getting are really nice size. If you got 4 people together everyone would have a mini colony for a fraction of the price. Problem is getting 4 people to agree on the same colony. Maybe we could start a coral club like the lottery clubs they have. It'll be like haveing a swap meet every week. Just an idea.-Bob

#17 ·
Sylock said:
Paint, and anyone else:

I'm thinking for getting a 'pool' of people together to get some cherries like the above. I don't have $200 a pop to grab 4-5 of those things, HOWEVER, if we had 5 people that each put in $40 we could have bought that $200 piece above and each came away with a nice frag. I think that's the way I'm going to have to do it ...
I would be interested in something like this. If someone can organize it, count me in for sure.

#20 ·
Yes but you don't get the cherry pieces. The people who get those are the ones that stop by and pay a little more for the really nice ones. I have yet to see really rare/fantastic stuff that you see on places like RC's SPS addicts boards at any of our LFS. I would love to be wrong though so show me :).

#23 ·
Reefer Madness

After reading everyone's comments. I may have a simple solution, albeit not perfect, but what really is? Our supplier lets us order specific species and colors. Their quality matches the likes of reefermadness. For example we could request a show size purple nana and they would do their best to obtain it, if not that specific one than one as close as they could get to the request. All of their colors are brilliant on their species. They do not deal in brown, tan or crappy colored corals. So whatever they were able to harvest for us would be of excellent color and quality. We could get 3-4 different ones for the "club members" to come down eyeball and pick from. We would even be willing to "host" some sort of private monthly swap, for those of you who choose to form this super club in order to obtain primo private corals for yourselves. Corals could be cut/fragged and divied up on site. One person could be the pres. and coordinate all of your meets and needs and we would fulfill them.... Just a thought.
Raychel

#25 ·
Raychel,

I'm glad you jumped in here. It just shows you guys are not in it for just the $$$. But to be a part of our community. I don't know of any LFS willing to do this. As long as the prices on the colonies don't go to crazy. I'm all for making money but taking advantange of people is not a good thing to do. Which I know you guys are not by the prices I've recieved on the colonies I bought. With that said thanks again for coming forward.

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.