Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided that instead of gettig a new 55g tank I'm going to just upgrade to a 90 I need the tank and overflow stand canopy sump and all plumbing pm me if you have that for sale I do not need lights or a skimmer if you have pieces of what I need pm ne for those also also texting is easyer for me if you want to send pics etc my number is 810 834 1791

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol thanks Barry I figured i might as well I am gonna need some more rock too lol hey Barry what's the best way to do this? Since I have 2 fish now how should I move them should I set up the 90 like a new tank and let it sit for a month and cycle and stuff then just transfer everything?

·
Registered
87 Posts
hey cwetherford, I'm upgrading to a 180 and I will have a 90 glass setup for sale soon. probably be done with my build in a few weeks. anyway if you want I can send you pictures but I was really just replying to the question you had. I would just take all the water from your previous tank and put that in your new 90 and add fresh salt water. So you are really just doing a really big water change. That is kinda how I am doing mine when I go to add everything to my 180.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was hoping to transfer the sand which is a big problem lol I know it's not reccomended but I would like too lol I'm trying to save as much money as possible lol send me a pm with pictures and everything and price for what u have and want I'm ok with a algae bloom from the sand because my tang and Midas blenny love eating any kind of algae even hair algae

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Your skimmer will not be sufficient and probably your lighting as well. You will want an in sump skimmer and you forgot your return pump, bigger heaters and more powerheads. If you want really awesome flow, get a mp40

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know the skimmer and power heads will need a upgrade I think the lights will be ok it's a 4 bulb t5 I don't really need sps lol I'm not having too much luck If I can't find a good deal I may have too just go with another 55 is there a good way of getting the sand out and leaving my fish and everything in there or should I just put the fish in a bucket and trade everything into the new tank but how long will the and take to settle I don't wanna ut fish into a cloudy tank

1 - 10 of 10 Posts