Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an outlandish amount of aptasia breaking out in my tank and am wondering if anyone local maybe have any berghia nudibranch for sale that they may have used to clear out this problem but dont want to just let them die now. Once my problem is over I will return the favor and sell them forward if possible.
Or if anyone knows of any stores locally that sell them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Guys-

I'm new to this forum although not to reefing, I've been active on RC for many years.

I'm looking into buying a bunch of Berghia from a place out of Washigton state; I'm buying 10 so he's giving them to me for $8.50/ea; overnight shipping is $30. He said there would be additional price breaks available if I ordered more, waiting to hear back on that.

However, I'm up in Baldwin MI which is pretty much in the middle of nowhere LOL so I doubt I'm too close to any of you guys. I'd be happy to order a few more for people local, but don't know how I'd get them to you.

Erin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the same problem I'm having. Just not enough people close enough to get a group order together. Im in Sterling Heights and would be willing to take a half hour drive or so but, I don't want to have to drive all day for them. I've tried peppermint shrimp to no avail of course and I can't catch the two I already put in now. I don't want to keep loading my tank up with them either though.
I've tried cutting back on my feedings because I only have 2 clowns in there at the moment and quite a few of my sps frags. I'm just afraid to put my sps in place because of the aptasia.
I've found some online as well but was hoping to be able to get some locally. Just doesn't look like it's going to happen though. So I may just put in for my order soon if I can't pull somehting together in the next couple of days.

---------- Post added 02-20-2012 at 03:54 PM ----------

Hi Guys-

I'm new to this forum although not to reefing, I've been active on RC for many years.

I'm looking into buying a bunch of Berghia from a place out of Washigton state; I'm buying 10 so he's giving them to me for $8.50/ea; overnight shipping is $30. He said there would be additional price breaks available if I ordered more, waiting to hear back on that.

However, I'm up in Baldwin MI which is pretty much in the middle of nowhere LOL so I doubt I'm too close to any of you guys. I'd be happy to order a few more for people local, but don't know how I'd get them to you.

Erin
8.50 is a better price than what I found them at. If possible can you provide me with a link or contact to your source? I'd apprecite this very much. I have a 125 and like I said an outlandish amount of aptasia so Im going to need upwards of 6-10 at least. What size are they for 8.50? I'd like a nice split of maybe at least half of them to be 1/2" or bigger and the other half could be 1/4".

Here are sights that seem to be the most popular from my searches from others who have bought them.

Saltyunderground has them for 9.49-10.49 for 1/4" and 15.99-16.99 for 1/2"
Berghia Nudibranch for sale | Berghia Nudibranchs | Buy Berghia

Reeftown who I've heard the name quite a few times has them for 15.49 for 1-5 and the price goes down a bit from there for 1/2" size
Also there 1/4" you can buy for 8.54 if you order 20 or more. If anyone is interested just let me know.
Welcome to ReefTown

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got my berghia from Reef Pest Solutions. There is no ordering/pricing info on his site; so you'll have to contact him via email. He did give me a discount because I was ordering 10 of them, hopefully he'll do the same for you. He was very quick to repond and he shipped quickly after payment received. Shipping was via FedEx overnight.

I got them delivered today and they are acclimating as I type. They all appear to be good sized; 1/2" or larger. A couple are sort of balled up in the shipping container, so hard to tell for sure the size on those. They all appear to be healthy and well fed (brownish rather than white).

Can't wait for them to start decimating my aiptasia problem!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.