Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, looking for some color for my 65-gallon set-up that only has actinic ligting. I don't want any more shrooms, have plenty of those!! Love anemones and carnation coral, which does well for me - also, anyone have macroalgae to part with?!?!

Kathy
e-mail me at: [email protected]

·
Registered
15,111 Posts
I may have some Captive bred/raised flower anemones ready soon, but what do you mean by actinic only lighting?
What kind and how much? I"m not sure anything BUT shrooms would live in actinic only lighting.:confused:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Options?

It is pretty bright light, 4 white and 4 blue, but not enough light for, say, SPS. I have had a brain coral do great in there, until a heater issue arose and fried a lot in that tank (that is all taken care of now!!), and I have frogspawn doing great. Also, leathers do fine. So, anything except shrooms in these categories, would be awesome!! Does this help???

·
Registered
15,111 Posts
Ok- you mean VHO actinic white and super actinics?
Thats fine for lower light anemones. The flowers are pretty high light-I'd rather they went to people with halides.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do have a gorgeous rock anemone in there now - and doing great!! Is this the same as a flower anemone? I have rock anemones of various colors in several tanks, and all so equally well.

What do yours look like?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts