Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The yellow tang I got from a fellow reefer is very healthy and to my knowledge has only eat mysis regularily in bought some green nori to feed him but he's not interested at all he's constantly picking at the green algae on my rocks and he ate all of my hair algae up already should I just put garlic guard on the nori to entice him to eat it or just continue with mysis and let him graze on the algae on the tank and maybe add some macro algae or something I also want to add that the tang will eat like a pig when it comes to mysis he cannot eat it fast enough the Midas blenny has to fight for the food lol

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
keep trying with the nori! and cut down on the mysis as much as you can, without starving your other fish. Tangs get hooked on the high protein but it is very bad for them in the long run. Just like a nice cheeseburger, mmmmm. It wouldn't hurt to try some macro, either. He may just like his salad fresh ;). As long as he is eating some vegetation like supplement to his diet via pellet/flakes or other reef formula for omnivores he should be ok.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He devoured the hair algae I scraped most of it off before I put him in and then I was watchin the tank yesterday and he acted like he has never eaten before and just devoured it

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's almost like he is completely ignoring it like he's scavaging the rock for little pieces of green algae and there's this big hunk of seaweed just staring him in the face my Midas blenny even gets some that falls off it

·
Registered
41 Posts
How are u presenting it? I used to rubber band it to a rock and nobody would want it. Now I fold it up and put it in a clip. And then cut into it with scissors so that it looks like a plant waving in the water. Everyone loves it now

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
You take clear plastic.mesh and zip ties. And make a pouch. Then insert sheet of dori. Then take a suction cup clip. Clip the top shut. Stick to your glass and let em eat. This way it doesnt gwt ripped up as easy and allows for more feeding.

Sent from my Samsung Smartphone using Tapatalk. When I should be doing something more productive.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.